For an e-commerce store, quality images are crucial. They are responsible for presenting the product, tell a story and suggest to the potential customer some of the product’s best uses. To do that, it’s not enough to have just plain product images in a white background. You need context.
Context is great for the product presentation in your online store, but it can also be a powerful sales driver if used on your social media platforms. Context helps the potential customer to visualize the product ant it’s use in his everyday life, make him conscious of the added value that product can provide, make him curious about finding out more and, eventually, adding the product to the basket and continue with the checkout process.
As an e-commerce entrepreneur, context helps your product stand out in the crowd, so don’t hesitate to let your creativity run wild in your photo sessions.
So far, we agree on the importance of context in product photography. Now, let’s see some tips and tricks on how to create unique settings!
- Do your homework! First thing’s first. Do a bit of market research just to discover how your competitors present their products. Analyze their flaws, take note of their plus sides. Then, put it all together and try to build your own, different, product photo strategy and style.
- Props are important. Context is all about props. Be careful, though! Your props should enhance your product features, not take its place. It should be very clear for the customer what that your product is for sale, not the other elements that create your context.
- Scene setup. This is where your creativity comes into play. Don’t forget that lighting is essential to shoot high quality images. If you don’t have a DSLR camera, your smartphone can do the job just fine if you set your scene in front of a large window or just go outside and pick a natural setting. Nature can offer some pretty great context opportunities. Take advantage of the natural light as much as you can. Of course, you should avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Here, to help! You can send us your photos and we will make them in ready to publish formats with just the right fixes. We will give your images that professional look and feel they need to become a strong selling tool for your e-commerce store.
- Use your images wisely. Once you have your product images ready to go, make sure that you will use them across all your platforms. Publish some on your website, but keep some powerful ones to enhance your social media presence.
Last, but not least, you should take your time. Creating context for your product is a creative process, so don’t rush it if you want to achieve the best results.